Thursday, April 1, 2010

I'm that Sparrow

A few months ago the lovely young ladies of our church sang this beautiful song. I enjoy listening to it and thought maybe others would too. Below are the lyrics I found from someone's blog. Enjoy !



Jesus told them don’t you be concerned
I will be there at each and every turn
Like the sparrow I’ll meet your every need
To the flower I send the morning rain
when you need me I will do the same
cuz in his heart sometimes he knew I’d be

that sparrow…
…learning how to fly
that flower…
…reaching for the sky
growing up underneath his watchful eye;
I’m that sparrow.

I’m that sparrow…
…watch me fly
I’m that flower…
…reaching to the sky
cuz learning to trust is all a part of life;
Like a sparrow, I’m that sparrow.

I felt lead to study what God's word says about the sparrow, and I found this.

Luke 12:6 Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?

This was part of a commentary. Even the birds of the air, and the hairs of our heads, do fall within the compass of God's protecting care.

2 comments:

Linda A said...

Thanks for posting that beautiful song! It was a blessing to my heart to hear it again- sung by our lovely girls!

Melissa said...

Thank you so much for posting this!!!! It's sooooooo sweet!!!!

:)