Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day


This picture really touched my heart this morning. This young women lost her fiance who was a soldier. It made me consider how heartbreaking it would be to lose my husband. To think that so many men and women have lost their partners as they fought for our countries freedom. I can't find the words to express the gratitude that I have towrds these men and women. I'm thankful we have a day like today to reflect on all they've done. All I can say is..... Thank you. And more importantly I will keep you in my prayers.

3 comments:

heidi said...

Hi! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I too am sooo very grateful for the men & women who serve our country, and this picture is so sad, bless that girl's sweet heart! Your family is beautiful!...I just may know your pastor, Bro.Graff? He just happened to be the preacher that preached the night I was saved. November 9th 1997 as a 14 year old girl. SMall world huh? My husband also went to camp every year as a young boy with the guy her married Pastor Graff's daughter, Jennifer I believe her name is...I could be wrong on her name;)...what a small world! Take care!

Alisha said...

Maritza!
I just realized your blog is not on my list of friends....How crazy am I!!! Don't answer that please. :) I'm am fixing this situation RIGHT NOW!
Hugs!

Alisha said...

Wait...actually it is. Ok it is confirmed I am crazy!